Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Inspiration

Today the sun is out and it's a beautiful autumn morning.  A happy sight since the last couple of days have been overcast and muggy.  To make the morning even more fabulous was getting to cut into my recent fabric arrivals, Chicopee and yarn dyed Essex Linen.  I have been coveting this collection since it first came out but wouldn't take the plunge for the whole collection.  Finally, after seeing a price I couldn't refuse and knowing it soon would be extremely hard to find I bought a fat quarter bundle from The Intrepid Thread.  I selected a few of the prints and matched them with the yarn dyed Essex linen in black.





All of the prints are delicious but I wanted to stick to just one colorway for the quilt that I am envisioning.  However, I may throw in a couple of the brighter prints before it's all said and done.



As I am cutting and piecing, each fabric I touch becomes my new favorite!  I can't believe I waited so long to get my hands on these fabrics.  I've also never  worked with a dark neutral like black in a quilt before and thought the black linen would be a good first try.  It's dark but the variation in the thread colors softens it a bit and of course it's a dream to sew.

I can't wait to finish this quilt, it may just end up being my favorite as of yet! I hope you find what inspires you too on this beautiful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. They are so important to me and it's nice to know there is someone out there who is interested in similar things. I will do my best to respond to each one. Have a great day!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips