Thursday, October 24, 2013

MicroMod Tote Bags

My latest acquisition in fabric was a couple of prints from the MicroMod collection for Cloud9 fabrics.  I was only able to get a few of the prints and only a limited amount but I knew I wanted to make totes with them.  It was fun mixing and matching the fabrics.

by Half Stitched

by Half Stitched

by Half Stitched

by Half Stitched

I just love the 241Tote pattern by Noodle Head!  I bought several of her patterns and they are really well written and you don't have to be an expert to sew them.  Making each bag look different is easy.

I also just finished a Super Tote.  This fabric was called Zombie and I thought it was pretty appropriately named.

tote bag with adjustable strap

With this bag I made several adjustments to the pattern.  For starters I added an adjustable strap to the bag instead of the two handles the pattern originally called for.  This is the first time I've ever attempted an adjustable strap.  Something that has been on my to learn list for a long time.  I was surprised out how easy it was to do.  I learned a few things too and plan on making up a tutorial for adjustable straps and how to add them to almost any bag pattern.

The second adjustment I made was the inner pocket.  The pattern called for a gathered pocket that can be divided up to make smaller pockets.  I wanted something a little more structured with a cleaner look.


So I made a lined pocket with homemade piping using some scraps of black crosshatch Architextures fabric.  LOVE!  Oh! and the Geekly Chic Glasses!!! Perfect for a book bag ;)

I would love to hear about your favorite bag pattern hacks.  What changes do you make to bag patterns?

1 comment:

  1. What absolutely beautiful bags! Each of them is so special. I usually add lots of pockets, but I don't like using patterns. I design my own. Gleaning ideas from here and there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are so important to me and it's nice to know there is someone out there who is interested in similar things. I will do my best to respond to each one. Have a great day!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips