Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Swoon Quilt Complete!

I finished up the Swoon Quilt just in time for Christmas.
It's only taken me about a year.
This is a big quilt!
I really BIG quilt to quilt at home!!
So I decided the next best thing to long arming it would be to quilt straight lines.
A LOT of straight lines!!!
I mean like 4 days of quilting straight lines...
and countless spools of thread.
I had to go to every quilt and fabric store in a 45 mile radius to find the correct thread.
Each time I bought all the store had and was sure that would be enough.
I was WRONG!

Here I am at the beginning blissfully unaware of the shoulder aches I would have.







I wish this picture was of better quality.  But since it was a bad weather day I couldn't take it outside to lay it out.
And i didn't have a space big enough inside to lay it out either.
You should have seen me trying to make the quilt sandwich with the quilt hanging off a table top.
Like I said this was a gift so I got this puppy wrapped up and now it is gone.
I did however promise that there would be throw pillows to match.
So today I will begin on that.
I think I will take pictures of the blocks as they come together and post pics soon!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. They are so important to me and it's nice to know there is someone out there who is interested in similar things. I will do my best to respond to each one. Have a great day!

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips